Sunday, May 29, 2011

Waiting

We made it through the storms, security and I've said goodbye to my family and now I'm waiting at the O'Hare airport to board my flight to Zurich, then from Zurich to Florence. I've been anxious all day long, and it seemed like it's taken forever just to get here.

I've started to not look forward to this trip, just because the complications of living overseas are starting to set in. Of course, it's not going to be that difficult, since I'll be in student apartments and will be taken care of very well. I'm sure that once I land in Florence and set all of my stuff set up in my apartment, this anxiety and nervousness will go away. But for now, I don't know what to expect, and that makes me uneasy.

However, I think the major influence on this feeling is knowing that I will be on a plane for close to 12 hours.

I hate flying. But above all, I can't wait to get to Italy. I can't wait to be able to get to know Florence and the people I'll be spending my summer with. I can't wait to be able to take my mom around when she visits and be able to be her tour guide. I just can't wait!

This will be my last post while in America... so look forward to lots and lots of pictures soon!

Ciao per ora!

No comments:

Post a Comment