Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Simple Things

This little slice of heaven is the best thing ever right now.



I met a few friends at the Uffizi today just to see a few more things (and to be in an air conditioned building), and on my way I passed what looked like fried eggs on the sidewalk.

My computer reads 99 degrees, which means that in the city it is 101, which means that my apartment is 103. Thankfully I found an electronics store on my way home from class. I went to one yesterday but they were out. People from Michigan, or anywhere in the northern part of the U.S., are not cut out for this heat. At half past midnight last night it was still 85 degrees. Florence is in a valley surrounded by mountains, so it just sits there like it's at the bottom of a bowl of humidity and cooks. Not to mention the dark black cobble stones that act as coal burning up at the bottom of a grill. And I'm the hotdog.

Have I made this weather sound miserable enough yet?

But that's about the only bad thing happening in Florence right now. Tonight my friends and I are going to see Harry Potter part TWO! And I am so excited. I was going to draw a lightening bolt on my forehead, but I'm afraid I'll just sweat it off and it'll end up looking like a weird black blob. I also have a friend coming to visit me this weekend, and I think we're going to go to Cinque Terre for a day! I can't wait to do that, I hear it's absolutely beautiful!

Also, I only have three weeks left. I think I've said that before in a different post, but that's so crazy to think that two months is almost over. Although I feel like I've been here for two years! 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment