Thursday, July 28, 2011

Domenica

Two blogs in less than 24 hours?!

Last Sunday was the very last Sunday I would have in Florence, so I wanted to be able to attend at least once church service, and what better place to go than the Cathedral. So Alicia and I woke up early for the third morning in a row to catch the 10:30 mass. It was beautiful! I got a little lost when taking communion, but I figured it out and I was so happy to have gone.

After mass, Alicia and another friend of ours wanted to visit Pisa. Being an experienced Pisa-tourist, I told them I'd go with them. I'm sure I've said this in other posts, but this weather is so fantastic, I cannot get over it! It hasn't gone past 85 in the last two weeks, and Sunday was no exception. It was high 70's and perfect! We stopped on our way to the tower for lunch and split a liter of wine and pizza.

Here's another good traveler's tip: If you go to Pisa, drink wine before hand! It makes it that much better and way more fun! :)



See what I mean about the wine?
Way more fun.


After we got back, which ended up being much later than we had planned, I was so happy that I had done so much in just one weekend! Still on a high, I needed to check one more thing off my list -- get a crepe. So Alicia and I went out, and we did!

Strawberries and nutella -- omg.

Gelateria right down the road from our apt.
Love the creepy gelato man.


What a good weekend! Now off to class...

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment