Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Life is too short, and I'm Italian. I'd much rather eat pasta and drink wine than be a size 0."

I had a lot to check off my to-do list before packing up and leaving this morning. One of those things, for both Alicia and I, was to find one of these "secret bakeries" we had heard about. Apparently there are bakeries around Florence that open in the middle of the night and bake everything for the cafes and restaurants for the day. Our plan was to wake up at 3:30 and go on the hunt for the best pastry we would hope to eat.

Being four in the morning, I was not quite awake enough to think much about taking picture, but Alicia had her Bloggie to document almost the entire experience... and what an experience it was. Italian boys + Italian personalities + Italian pastries --  it's bound to be a great time.

The videos are a little shaky, and they're not all the same direction. I don't know how to change those things, so you just kind of have to deal with it.. sorry!

Finding the right street, since it's hidden... as well
as giving some guys a firm "no."

We weren't the only ones waiting


Mmmm... but we had no idea what to say,
so our new friend took care of us!

The best.

So that was great, and if I weren't stressed about packing/getting sleep, I totally would have done it again.

The rest of the week went by so quickly. Monday we had exams, Tuesday we had our student show, and Wednesday was my last day.

And now I'm in Zurich. Heading to Chicago. I get in around 4, Chicago time. Then my mom and I will take a flight together to Flint. While in Chicago, hopefully I'll be able to write another blog. I don't have too much time until I board my next flight, but I have so much more to talk about!

This has been such an amazing summer, and it's still almost surreal that I was living in Italy for two months. It's even more strange to think that it's over and I'm finally on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment